Monday, August 9, 2010

What a weekend!

After a VERY fun weekend for everyone, we are back to school work. We all slept in this morning, which was much needed! Casten had a GREAT time with Grandpa and Kathy. They took him to a train engine museum, and he was able to ride on a train. He had an amazing time! Alyssa went with Aunt Beverly and Uncle Kenny. They had so much fun, her favorite was going to her cousin Lexi's birthday party and swimming at the beach :) Maizie went with Billy and Julia. She had a blast! She went swimming twice, and the Renissance Faire! We actually picked her up from the Faire and took her to the beach! She LOVED it! I was able to avoid getting sick. I have a very minor sore throat, but no fever or other symptoms. I'm still on antibiotics just as a precaution, especially since I'll be taking my mother in law to chemo this week.

Jay and I had an AMAZING weekend. I was very lonely without him on Friday but after being on antibiotics for 24 hours he was feeling great and ready for day 2 of wedding fun! Jaime's reception was in a beach house right on Lake Michigan in Kenosha. It was just gorgeous! At one point during the reception Jay and I went and strolled along the beach and collected some rocks for the kids (our kids LOVE rocks!) Later after the reception we went and sat on the rocks and let the waves crash on my legs. It was super romantic and really re-energized our marriage! It was just amazingly peaceful and calm. While we were standing on the beach we forgot about all the stuff we had been stressing about. We were able to let go of our worries and troubles and just be there in that moment. It was just amazing. We ended up going the next day also and it was just great! We have chosen our anniversary outing for next year :)
Here are a few pictures from this weekend! I don't have any of the kids (except Maizie at the beach)
This is Jaime on our way to the ceremony! It was just beautiful! She was beautiful, the location was beautiful as was the ceremony! LOL!
Jaime and Dawn out after the wedding (no flash on the Iphone!)
Here are some beach pictures!

And Maizie and Mommy at the beach

Now Jay will laugh at me for posting these! The Reverend that married Jaime and Dawn had my DREAM car! He had a 2010 Camero. It was Yellow and had the Transformer package added to it! I seriously wanted to run off with it :) He gave me a whole tour of the car and let me sit in it! LOL! He also had a security system put into it and when he turned it on it made the sound the transformers make when they transform. It was seriously the coolest thing EVER!

This was on the inside of the door!
This was the center counsel