Monday, August 23, 2010

Nehemiah

Currently at church Pastor Tim (PT)  is preaching from Nehemiah. Yesterday was our first day back at church after taking 2 1/2 months off (I was greeted by 22 two year olds in my 9 AM class!) I was glad I ended up going. This week's sermon was on integrity. I will admit the first half of the sermon didn't hold my attention. Not sure why, but I just couldn't focus. It wasn't until PT started reading Nehemiah 6:3..."so I sent messengers to them with this reply: 'I am carrying on a great project and cannot go down. Why should the work stop while I leave it and go down to you?' " This was Nehemiah's response to his enemies when they asked to meet on nuetral ground, on the plain of Ono. He knew they were schemening to harm him.
This really stuck out in my mind. Sometimes you have to say no, I'm working on a great project. PT's sermon went on to make me realize the great project God has given me. There is no doubt in my mind that God is leading us to homeschool. I know that this is what he wants for our family. Why or what he has in store, I can't even venture to guess. My great project is my family. My amazing children that He has entrusted me to raise and help them become what he has planned for them!
This is where integrity comes in. We need to say "Oh no to Ono!" LOL! (PT said that was what everyone would remember from the sermon) We need to stay with the vision for our family. We need to stay strong and stick with the course we've planned despite people that may not agree with what we are doing or our doubts on our ability to follow His plan. We need  know when to say no to outside activities and distractions. We also need to focus on the strength of our marriage the stronger Jay and I stand together the stronger our family will be. The five of us is what we need to focus on. Make sure we are following God's plan for us!
We appreciate the support most of you are giving us. I'd also like to ask for you to continue to pray for our family as we are working to realize this vision!

Now we are off to meet with our homeschool group! LOL!