Saturday, August 8, 2009

School starts MONDAY!!!!!

We are begining our homeschool year on Monday! I'm very excited about this year. Last year we did a lot of experimenting on what works (and doesn't work!) for our family. This year I'm much more prepared! It's also our first OFFICIAL year of homeschooling, as we are making the decision to keep our oldest out of kindergarten!
For this year we will be doing a 1st grade curriculum for our oldest daughter since we did kindergarten last year, and our son will be doing kindergarten, even though he'll only be 4 in November, he's beyond preschool work! We'll be doing letter of the week for 1 year olds until January when we'll start the Letter of the week prep curriculum! www.letteroftheweek.com I know that she's very young, but she INSISTS on sitting at the table with us during "table time" so I figured I should make the most of it!
We'll be learning a new state each week. I'm pretty excited about this one! I'm thinking we'll make a scrapbook page each week so when we are done we can look at it and see all the things we've learned!
I've been working like mad this week to get the house ready. I'm just about caught up on the laundry (can you really ever be caught up???) I've scrubbed most of the floors of the house and I'm in the process of cleaning the play area. I have it all organized it's just putting the stuff where it goes now! The bedrooms were cleaned and organized yesterday. It feels so good to have things functioning! Tomorrow I'll have to pull out all my school materials and supplies and buy some new stuff, and I'll be done!
It is looking like a really fun year and hopefully the kids will learn a lot! That is the point of all of this afterall!