Tuesday, August 11, 2009

For today...

I think we'll have a casual day. I think we may try to do a little bit of school work, but I'm thinking about doing a fun last day of summer thing. We've been wanting to get over to the splash park and have a picnic all summer. I think we'll try to do that today (especially since Casten just got new swim trunks from Aunt Karol!) I have some real organizing to do downstairs...plus I'm REALLY tired :) It just hit me this morning that this is kind of Lyssi's first day of kindergarten and I wanted to do something special! On one of my homeschool boards they said they made a big deal of the first day. So I'm thinking of putting something together tonight and really officially start tomorrow (which was the plan when I was planning on going down state this past weekend!)
My plans for tomorrow include, a special breakfast (pancakes and bacon are always a HUGE hit!) a card from mommy and daddy talking about how excited we are for this year and how proud we are of them, new school supplies on the table for each kid, and taking a picture of them out on the front steps! Then we'll be able to jump into our day!
Now I'm off to clean the kitchen....and if I'm really ambitious I'll clean the downstairs before the kids really wake up!